The Miss Gwinnett County Scholarship Competition will be held at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 7:00 P.M. The winner will have the opportunity to compete at the Miss Georgia Competition in June 2023. A mandatory dress rehearsal for all candidates will be held Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 9:00 A.M. in the pageant building at the Fairgrounds. Paperwork is due by Sunday September 11, 2022. The following rules and regulations must be met by all candidates:
1. The Miss Gwinnett County Competition is OPEN to all counties in the state of Georgia. Each candidate must live, work, or attend school in Georgia. You will need to provide a copy of your birth certificate and proof of residence.
2. Must be at least 19 years of age as of December 31 in the calendar year of the state competition (2023). Must not be older than 26 years of age as of December 31, 2023.
3. Participate in a 9 min 30 sec Interview (35%) with a 30 sec closing with the judges. The candidate’s Interview time will be a total of 10 minutes. Questions will come from resume, platform and additional topics.
4. You will wear your interview outfit for the Competition opening number/introductions. Introductions will include candidate number, name and social impact pitch.
5. On Stage Interview/Social Impact Pitch SIP (15%). You will be asked (1) question on stage by the judge who asked the first question in your private interview. You will have 20 seconds to respond to the question. After the initial on stage question has been asked and answered, another judge may then ask a follow-up question. The candidate is allowed twenty seconds to answer the follow-up question. Immediately following the on-stage interview questions, the candidate will deliver a social impact pitch, which at her discretion can include a statement on the initiative’s importance, her work and plans with the initiative, or other information. The candidate shall be given no less than twenty seconds, but no more than forty-five seconds for her SIP.
6. Present a 90 second Talent (35%). Music must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9/11/2022. Music will be reserved on a first come first serve basis. There will be NO duplicate selections. Please include title and author of song in your email.
7. Red Carpet/Evening Wear (15%). This may be any Evening Wear that you choose, reflecting “red carpet” glamour (ie. pants, cocktail dress, or the traditional gown).
8. Furnish a high-resolution digital color head shot (jpeg) for the program book. Please email your picture to email@example.com by 9/11/2022.
9. Every Miss candidate must register and pay $35 to the Miss America Organization and further pay $75.00 in order to compete in each local. See link below.
Our host hotel will be the Hampton Inn Lawrenceville, 1135 Lakes Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30043 770-338-9600. Ask for the Gwinnett County Fair rate.
Possible 2022-2023 appearances:
City of Snellville Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting – November 26, 2022
Miss Georgia State Fairs Pageant – January 28, 2023 ($1000 scholarship winner, $300 1RU, $200 2RU)
Grayson Days Parade – April 2023
Gwinnett County Relay for Life Event – May 2023
Dacula Memorial Day Parade – May 2023
Director – Susan Harlow
1653 Stonegate Way
Snellville, GA 30078